“You are the salt of the earth … you are the light of the world … let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.” Matthew 5:13-14, 16 ESV
Who We Are
The Salt & Light Homeschool Association (SLHA) is a Christian homeschool group based in Raleigh, NC. We are a ministry of Mount Vernon Baptist Church. We strive to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in everything we do.
SLHA brings homeschool families together for support, encouragement and fellowship, and provides opportunities for growth for both the homeschooled child and parents.
If you have questions regarding SLHA, please contact:
- Missy Prickett <firstname.lastname@example.org> or
- Karen Stallings <email@example.com>
- Regular parent meetings for fellowship, planning and support
- Whole family fellowship meals
- Girls and Boys Clubs
- Group field trips
- Seasonal parties and learning opportunities
- Park days and playgroups
- Service projects
- **Fabulous Fridays**
Fabulous Fridays are returning again this year. Offered once a month, they include art appreciation classes, book clubs for all ages, and teen service opportunities.
Monthly Parent Meetings
Parent meetings are generally held at 7:00 pm on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at Mount Vernon Baptist Church, Building no. 3 (Coffee House). These meetings will be parent support focused, coffee house-style gatherings. There will be devotions, topics of discussion, prayer time, food, fellowship, and fun! Guests are always welcome, but should contact SLHA to confirm the meeting schedule and location.
To encourage strong relationships and foster the intimacy of the homeschooling experience, we generally limit membership to a maximum of thirty families. Our membership year is from July 1 to June 30. Members must:
- Agree with and sign the SLHA Statement of Faith included in the SLHA Membership Application
- Abide by all North Carolina laws regarding home education
- Pay annual dues established by the SLHA Leadership Committee
- Abide by SLHA guidelines and rules
- Attend a minimum of two of our eight parent support meetings
- Host/Co-host one activity or event per year.